Erase Wrinkles Safely with Dermal Fillers in Rockville Centre, NY
A Board-Certified Dermatologist Treating Cosmetic Concerns
GET 10% OFF ALL DERMAL FILLERS IN DECEMBER!
When administered properly, dermal fillers safely and effectively decrease or erase wrinkles. With more than 20 years of experience, our board-certified dermatologist at Long Island Dermatology has the knowledge and skill necessary to provide these anti-aging injections. Our dermal fillers in Rockville Centre, NY are both safe and cost-effective and can lead to youthful, more radiant skin. Below, you’ll find answers to some of the questions we get asked the most often regarding dermal fillers and how they work. We advise you to contact us with any additional dermal filler questions or concerns during a consultation.
Schedule your dermal fillers appointment with Board Certified Dermatologist, Dr. Israel Eckman today.
Call 516.272.4193 now to schedule or book your appointment online via ZocDoc.
Where Are Dermal Fillers Usually Injected?
As we age, it’s normal for our facial tissues to lose volume. This volume loss makes wrinkles and fine lines around the eyes, nose, mouth, and cheeks more prominent. Dermal fillers help restore volume and reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the following areas:
- Under eyes
How Do Dermal Fillers Work?
Dermal fillers are gel-like injectables that contain various Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved filler products that mimic the acids already found in your skin. Common components of dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite, poly-l-lactic acid, polymethylmethacrylate, and autologous fat injections. Sometimes lidocaine is also found in dermal fillers to help minimalize a patient’s discomfort during and after the injection. Dermal fillers are non-invasive, meaning they make an excellent choice for patients who want to reduce wrinkles without a surgical facelift. The type of dermal filler recommended for your treatment will vary according to which area needs to be treated.
When you consult our board-certified dermatologist at Long Island Dermatology, we’ll examine your problem areas and determine the appropriate method of treatment. Precision is needed to apply injectable dermal fillers to the right area of your face for the best results, though individual results may vary. We have two convenient locations in Rockville Centre and Levittown, NY.
Are Dermal Filler Injectables Painful?
Because many dermal fillers contain lidocaine, which is a mild anesthetic, they’re not as painful as one might expect. A topical anesthetic may be applied to help numb the injection area. Many patients experience minimal discomfort during and after injection. Mild bruising, redness, or swelling may occur, but these typically go away within the first few days. Dermal fillers are sometimes referred to as a “lunchtime facial” because most patients can resume their daily activities immediately after treatment, though results may vary from patient to patient.
Why Should I Consider Dermal Fillers? What Are the Benefits?
Dermal fillers offer our Rockville Centre and Levittown, NY patients many benefits, including:
- Restored facial volume to reduce the appearance of sunken cheeks or temples
- Diminished appearance of marionette lines, smile lines, and parentheses (grooves that resemble the punctuation mark)
- Plumper lips and a smoother chin crease
- Improvements in your facial features’ symmetry
- Minimal to no downtime (less invasive than a surgical procedure)
- Natural-looking, long-lasting results for anti-aging
What Dermal Fillers Does Long Island Dermatology Offer?
Long Island Dermatology offers the following types of dermal fillers in both our Rockville Centre and Levittown, NY locations for your convenience:
- JUVEDERM Ultra® – JUVEDERM Ultra® lip injections are used to reduce the appearance of marionette or smile lines around the lips. They’re also used to restore lip volume for fuller, more sensuous lips with little to no downtime required after the treatment.
- JUVEDERM Ultra Plus® – Moderate-to-severe wrinkles around your cheeks, nasolabial folds, and mouth will benefit from JUVEDERM Ultra Plus® dermal fillers. Similar to JUVEDERM Ultra®, this dermal filler has a thicker consistency to penetrate deeper dermis layers during treatment.
- Restylane® – Restylane® lifts add volume to the skin through a synthetic material that physically fills in your wrinkles upon injection. Patients also seek Restylane® to plump their lips, enhance their cheeks, or reduce the hollows found around their eyes.
How Quickly Will I See a Difference? How Long Do Results Last?
How quickly you’ll notice a difference in your facial appearance is dependent upon which area of your face is being treated and which dermal fillers are being used. With JUVEDERM® and Restylane®, many patients see results right away. How long your dermal filler results last will be dependent upon the patient, the area of treatment, and which dermal filler products were used. The more deeply we inject the dermal filler, the longer the results should last, though this isn’t always true. Follow-up treatments may be required to maintain desired results.
Ask Us About Dermal Filler Costs at Long Island Dermatology
Choosing an experienced dermal filler provider is essential to minimize risks and optimize results. Your dermal filler provider should have a broad understanding of facial anatomy, as well as an eye for aesthetics and a surgeon’s precision. Luckily for you, our board-certified dermatologist at Long Island Dermatology meets all of those criteria. Our dermal fillers in Rockville Centre and Levittown, NY are available with both synthetic and natural-derived materials. Ask your Rockville Centre dermatologist which option is right for you. Schedule an appointment today by calling (516) 300-1752.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Convenient Hours Including Weekend Appointments
- Expert in Skin Cancer Detection & Treatment
- Innovative, Comprehensive Skin Care
- Pleasant & Comfortable Atmosphere
- Advanced Cosmetic Treatments
- Thorough, Professional Doctor
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Over 20 Years of Experience