What is eczema?
Rashes that occur on the skin which can be very itchy caused by several factors including allergic reactions, friction, prolonged exposure to heat and moisture, or contact with irritants.
What are the different types of eczema?
Allergic contact dermatitis is caused by contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction. Poison ivy and poison sumac are the most common causes of allergic reactions in the United States.
Atopic dermatitis is the most common form of eczema. It is characterized by patches of dry, red skin that may be scaly and have overlying crusting. It usually occurs on the face, neck, elbows, knees and ankles and can be very itchy. Although there is no cure for atopic dermatitis, most cases can be controlled with proper treatment.
What treatments are available for eczema?
Treatment is targeted to help relieve symptoms including:
- Corticosteroids – oral or topical
- Topical calcineurin inhibitors
What Sets Us Apart?
- Convenient Hours Including Weekend Appointments
- Expert in Skin Cancer Detection & Treatment
- Innovative, Comprehensive Skin Care
- Pleasant & Comfortable Atmosphere
- Advanced Cosmetic Treatments
- Thorough, Professional Doctor
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Over 20 Years of Experience