Premier Chemical Peel Treatments in Long Island
What are Chemical Peels?
Long Island Dermatology provides premier chemical peel treatments throughout Long Island, NY, and the surrounding areas. A chemical peel is an effective skin-resurfacing procedure that helps ensure smoother and clearer skin. From wrinkles to discolored skin and scars, chemical peels can help treat a wide range of blemishes. During this procedure, a chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove its outermost layers. Depending on whether you opted for a superficial, medium, or a deep chemical peel, you might need to undergo more than one procedure to obtain your desired results.
Types of Chemical Peels
The three types of chemical peels are superficial, medium, and deep. Superficial chemical peels can improve skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles. With this type of chemical peel, results are typically subtle but can become more pronounced after multiple treatments. Medium chemical peels can improve the smoothness of your skin in addition to improving skin texture and the appearance of wrinkles. Deep chemical peels can produce the results of superficial and medium chemical peels while also providing dramatic overall improvement of treated areas. Below, we’ve gone into more detail about the types of chemical peels and what you can expect from each of them:
- Superficial Chemical Peel: This chemical peel penetrates only the skin’s outermost layer. Superficial chemical peels treat acne, fine wrinkles, uneven skin tone, and pigmentation problems. To maintain your desired results, multiple treatments might be necessary.
- Medium Chemical Peel: This type of chemical peel penetrates beneath the outermost layer of skin to enhance effectiveness. Medium chemical peels treat acne scars, wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, and uneven skin tone. The treatment might need to be repeated to maintain your desired results.
- Deep Chemical Peel: This type of chemical peel penetrates even deeper into the skin and is typically used to treat more pronounced wrinkles and scars. Deep chemical peels won’t need to be repeated to maintain your desired results.
The Chemical Peel Procedure
Whether you’re getting a superficial, medium, or a deep chemical peel, the professionals at Long Island Dermatology will ensure your face is cleaned, your hair is protected, and your eyes are safely covered. Depending on the type of chemical peel you’re getting, your dermatologist may prescribe a painkiller or sedative. Before we begin, our team will thoroughly cleanse your skin to ensure optimal results. During your procedure, you might experience a warm, tingling sensation.
The Benefits of Chemical Peels
The varying types of chemical peels allow for a wide range of benefits, including:
- Fewer Lines
- Fewer Wrinkles
- Reduced Acne
- Mild Scar Removal
- Refreshed Skin Texture
- Evened Skin Color
- Brighter Complexion
- Smoother Skin
What Skin Conditions Can Chemical Peels Address?
We recommend chemical peels to any patient who wants to kick-start a new skincare regimen, prolong results after a procedure, treat annoying skin conditions, or simply maintain their healthy skin. Chemical peels are a safe and effective means of treating the following skin conditions:
- Age Spots
- Blotchy Complexions
- Dull Complexions
- Fine Wrinkles
- Rough Skin
- Sun-Damaged Skin
- Uneven Skin Tones
- Enlarged Pores
Why Choose Long Island Dermatology?
Long Island Dermatology strives to provide its patients from Rockville Centre, NY, and the surrounding area with the highest quality of skincare. We offer comprehensive, general, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology in a relaxed, comfortable environment. In addition to providing the most advanced cosmetic treatments available, our highly experienced dermatologists specialize in diagnosing and treating skin, hair, and nail disorders. If you’re looking to improve the quality of your skin, choose Long Island Dermatology today. We can help you achieve healthier skin and maximize your results in the process. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is happy to assist you in any way possible.
Contact Long Island Dermatology Today
Your skin is often one of the first things people notice. If you suffer from aged, blotchy, or acne-scarred skin, the professionals at Long Island Dermatology can help. Our state-of-the-art chemical peel procedures will reverse the signs of aging and skin conditions such as acne. Chemical peels can diminish many signs of aging on the face, hands, neck, and chest. It can also help treat various skin conditions. We frequently use chemical peels as part of our acne treatment protocol, and we get incredible results for our patients. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.
Give our office a call today at (516) 272-4193 to learn if a chemical peel is the right treatment option for your needs!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Convenient Hours Including Weekend Appointments
- Expert in Skin Cancer Detection & Treatment
- Innovative, Comprehensive Skin Care
- Pleasant & Comfortable Atmosphere
- Advanced Cosmetic Treatments
- Thorough, Professional Doctor
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Over 20 Years of Experience