Torn Earlobe Repair in Long Island
Stretched and Torn Earlobe Specialist
Do you suffer from a torn or stretched earlobe? If so, Dr. Eckman can help! Torn earlobes are a fairly common injury requiring precise care for clean repair. Often, earlobes are torn when earrings or ear jewelry caught on another object, ripping through the tender skin of the lobe. Torn or elongated earlobes can be repaired with a simple surgery to not only fix the earlobe, but also to strengthen it. If your wound is fresh or still bleeding, you may be able to request emergency reconstructive repairs through our Rockville Centre dermatologist.
Earlobe repairs involve:
- Administering a local anesthetic
- Clearing the wound of debris, if the wound is fresh
- Refreshing the wound site if this tear has healed over time
- Pressing the newly raw edges together
- Applying fine sutures for even healing
Our Earlobe Procedure Can Fix:
• Saggy ear lobes from heavy earrings (long term use)
• Unsightly ear lobes caused by improper piercing or infection
• Earlobe deformities
• Traumatic earlobe injury
• Expanded holes from intentional stretching / gauging and body modification
Earlobe repair treatments are growing in numbers for a variety of reasons. Whether you are looking to improve physical appearance and self-esteem due to deformity, sudden trauma or improper ear piercing techniques, we can help. We also help those that made decisions in their teenage years that are having a negative impact on acquiring a job or complying with employer standards.
Can I Re-pierce My Ear After I’ve Torn It?
Sometimes it is not possible to re-pierce the ear over the same site, as scar tissue buildup can make the lobe difficult to penetrate. As long as you have allowed your ear ample time to heal, you can usually have that lobe re-pierced in the future.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Convenient Hours Including Weekend Appointments
- Expert in Skin Cancer Detection & Treatment
- Innovative, Comprehensive Skin Care
- Pleasant & Comfortable Atmosphere
- Advanced Cosmetic Treatments
- Thorough, Professional Doctor
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Over 20 Years of Experience