What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the immune system affecting the skin and joints. It may also affect the fingernails and toenails. Psoriasis can also be associated with other medical conditions like diabetes, cardiovascular disease and depression.
How does Psoriasis present?
Psoriasis primarily affects adults. Up to 40% of people with psoriasis experience joint inflammation that produces symptoms of arthritis called psoriatic arthritis. The most common form of psoriasis is plaque psoriasis and is characterized by patches of raised, reddish skin covered with silvery-white scale. It usually occurs on the scalp, knees, hands, and feet.
What treatments are available for psoriasis?
Topical treatments are helpful for mild to moderate psoriasis including topical corticosteroids, tazarotene, and vitamin D
Phototherapy including ultraviolet B (UVB) and psoralen UVA (PUVA)
Biologics for patients with moderate to severe psoriasis
What Sets Us Apart?
- Convenient Hours Including Weekend Appointments
- Expert in Skin Cancer Detection & Treatment
- Innovative, Comprehensive Skin Care
- Pleasant & Comfortable Atmosphere
- Advanced Cosmetic Treatments
- Thorough, Professional Doctor
- Board Certified Dermatologist
- Over 20 Years of Experience